Tracking and managing office supplies can be a challenge at times. There are several things that come to mind when I need to track and manage office supplies.
- What should I keep in stock at all times?
- How much of an item should I keep on stock?
- Who is requesting what and how much?
- What is the purpose for the request (especially for specialty items that are not generally stocked)?
- What is the urgency?
- Did I receive it and when?
- Was it out of stock, do I need to reorder it, can I get something else, or can I go without?
This Office Supply Spreadsheet answers these questions for you and more.
- You can track trends of how often items are being ordered.
- Are you seeing waste?
- Is there a possibility of theft?
- You can determine if you are stocking the right amount, too much, or not enough.
- You can track whether you are receiving all the items or if you are having a problem with your supplier.
- You can track how long it takes for an order to arrive.
- Come up with your own.
Just download the spreadsheet and edit for your specific needs. You might find managing your inventory and requests not quite as frustrating as before. Well, that’s my hope anyway. You may want a manager signature for approval and dateline at the top or the bottom of the final form if management approval is part of your process. You will also find this electronic office supply spreadsheet helpful in your budget tracking worksheet you manage for your boss.
Let me know what you think of theOffice Supply Spreadsheet. What would you change, what would you include, or does it just complicate your procedure more than is necessary. I would love to hear your thoughts.