There are so many cool apps and gadgets coming out all the time and so many to pick from. What programs and apps are you using and loving? I thought it might be great to share some of the different technology, in a series, of some of the favorites that I’m using.
Don’t be afraid to share your favorites and why you like them. It’s great to see what our industry is using to keep on top of all the information that is out there.
So let’s get started with my first suggestion, HootSuite.
I have this app on both my iPad and phone. Being present on the various social media websites is imperative in research and networking. My practice was to put information on each website individually and according to what I wanted to go where. But I do have some things I want to blast out to multiple social sites. To be honest, that isn’t even the biggest advantage for me. What I find invaluable is the columns of activity for each of my social media displayed across the screen on my iPad. Even on my phone it is easy to switch between all the social activity instead of bopping in and out of different apps. Not too bad.
“Compose and converse on the go. HootSuite for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch allows you to manage your social media profiles, like Facebook, Facebook Pages, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Twitter, from almost anywhere.
Simple, elegant and powerful, HootSuite allows you to send and schedule updates, track click stats, and set up tracking columns to monitor keywords, #hashtags, and lists.”
Leave a comment and tell me what your pros and cons are, or your method of keeping up with social media. Would love to know what you think.
Sparkle e-Mail Subscripttion
Quote of the Day
- 2013 is the Year of Intention
- Are You Enjoying The Moment?
- Office Chic: Hosiery
- Word: Create an Electronic Signature
- Hot-Key Tip of the Week: Ctrl-S, Ctrl-P, & Alt-F4
- Managing Your Office Supplies
- Meeting Etiquette: 25 Tips
- Excel Statistical Formulas Reference
- Writing for Clarity and Readability
- Proofreaders’ Marks
Recent Sparkle Articles
- Nine Tips for Saving Money in Your Office
- Assistant Profile – Donna Paulsen
- Office Etiquette – Breaking In
- Book Review – Sitting on a File Cabinet, Naked with a Gun
- Office Chic – This Should be Called “Man Chic”
- Wrap-Up: Week of June 17, 2013
- Happy Father’s Day to the Greatest Dads EVER!
- An Evolving Sparkle Perspective
- Office Chic – Accessories
- Office Etiquette – Introduction