I thought I would share a milestone of an all-time high of 448 visitors on Thursday, June 7. I’m loving the encouragement and ideas sent my way on the different article series. Some favorites that I currently enjoy writing are the Office Chic series – currently incorporating articles that relate to men; the Assistant Profile – which has fun with the film representation of the administrative professional; and Office Etiquette – which covers behaviors, attitudes, and conducts in all realms of the office environment.
Updates have been made to all the About pages and About Administrative Sparkle has been added. You can find these on the Contact tab. If you find the information resonates with you or gives you a better idea of who we are and what we do here, feel free to send us a note. There are lots of ways to send us messages, just view the Contact page. Or let us know what you think on any of the social networks, listed on the Contact page. We would love to hear from you.
On the social media front, I feel like I am diving in. To others, it’s possible that in reality I am just dipping my toe in the social media pool. The point is to get more active and engaged in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. I’m loving how the Facebook page is developing and most of what is provided is inspiring quotes and style pictures, as well as articles I come across that I have found interesting to share, aside from our very own Administrative Sparkle articles of course. With LinkedIn, I have become much more involved in the groups and participating in discussions (I welcome you to come join groups I am participating in and add me to your network). Twitter, to be honest, I haven’t quite got a handle on. And, Google+ I have yet to figure out altogether. I encourage you to connect with me in any of the various media. The more I’m connected, the more I’m prompted and committed to being relevant and on your radar.
Ultimately, I realize that my audience changes as what I choose to focus on changes. I started out with a lot of tutorial-ish, instructional, and “How To’s.” Today, it is much more commentary; reflecting on what I see, hear, read, or experience directly in the office and in conversation with my fellow colleagues and professionals.
Finally, I would love to know what you think. All I ask is that you leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts. Are there some things you like seeing or reading more than others? Is there an interesting topic or a series you would like to see? Share this stuff with me! I’m always looking for ideas and the opportunity to explore. And I always think we can learn from each other.
Sparkle e-Mail Subscripttion
Quote of the Day
- 2013 is the Year of Intention
- Are You Enjoying The Moment?
- Office Chic: Hosiery
- Word: Create an Electronic Signature
- Managing Your Office Supplies
- Hot-Key Tip of the Week: Ctrl-S, Ctrl-P, & Alt-F4
- Meeting Etiquette: 25 Tips
- Writing for Clarity and Readability
- Excel Statistical Formulas Reference
- Assistant Profile – Pepper Potts
Recent Sparkle Articles
- Nine Tips for Saving Money in Your Office
- Assistant Profile – Donna Paulsen
- Office Etiquette – Breaking In
- Book Review – Sitting on a File Cabinet, Naked with a Gun
- Office Chic – This Should be Called “Man Chic”
- Wrap-Up: Week of June 17, 2013
- Happy Father’s Day to the Greatest Dads EVER!
- An Evolving Sparkle Perspective
- Office Chic – Accessories
- Office Etiquette – Introduction